Saturday, September 1, 2012

"To Everyone I Know During This Election"

I'm getting a little LOT tired of all the mean comments people are saying about each other throughout all of the politic-ey stuff right now. That motivated me to make this post:

"WOW! I don't throw my opinion about politics in very often. However, I would like to say that I think the hate being thrown around because of differing opinions is insane...if not a little frightening! I read a post the other day where people were quoted saying they want to kill Ann Romney! What in the world?! We can't let politics rob us of our humanity and respect for others having a different opinion than our own. It divides our country in a frightening way! Each one of us have life experiences and beliefs that lead us to choose one way or the other. We aren't all going to see things the same way. We have to stop using rudeness and put downs to try to convince other people to follow our own way of thinking. Passion about something is good, using that passion as a weapon against someone with different passions than our own, not good. We have to use our passion to enlighten and help others consider a different point of view and then let them choose their own way. Being mean about something is NEVER effective! It makes people defensive and even more closed to seeing things any other way. Man, I can't wait until November gets here, hopefully whatever the outcome is we can go back to treating each other with more kindness!"

My cousins hubby then linked to this article, which motivated me to post all of this here. I think it is so important for people to read. It is short and to the point, but it is really the absolute best way to state the effect all of the negativity can have on relationship. Click, Read and Share! (Thanks Tom!)



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails