Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Sabbath and The Atonement


My Sister in Law, Jana, shared this quote with me. It is so powerful, and definitely something I wanted to share. It has really made me take a deeper look at the things I am doing on Sundays, and the attitude I am doing them in. How powerful to think about the direct connection between Sabbath observance and the Atonement! 


"Our observance or nonobservance of the Sabbath is an unerring measure of our attitude toward the Lord and toward his suffering in Gethsemane, his death on the cross, and his resurrection from the dead. It is a sign of whether we are Christians in very deed, or whether our conversion is so shallow that commemoration of his atoning sacrifice means little or nothing to us."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails