Sunday, January 8, 2012

DAY 9: Hummus


ON THE MENU: 
  • Hummus

HUMMUS
From: Vita Mix: Whole Food Recipes

OUR RATING:Has Potential
I haven't had Hummus all that much. When I have it has been a flavored hummus, like Sun Dried Tomato, etc. I wanted to try this recipe out since I haven't ever made it myself. We were having dinner at Ryan's parents house and I thought I would take a veggie tray. My opinion on the hummus....this recipe is a really good hummus base. Which basically means that it was missing a bit of flavor. So, if you have a little something you would like to add to a hummus base, this is the one for you! :) And please, pass along your mix-in options. I would love to know where to go from here. I am not ready to give up on this stuff yet, I just need a little direction! 



INGREDIENTS:
  • 15 oz can of Chick Peas (Garbonzo Beans), drained
  • 1/2 c. Raw Sesame Seeds
  • 1 T. Olive Oil
  • 1/4 c. Lemon Juice
  • 1 Garlic Clove
  • Salt to taste
DIRECTIONS: 
  • Place all ingredients in blender container in order listed. Run machine for 1 minute or until smooth. 
  • I sprinkled with Paprika for a little garnish (this was my brother-in-laws favorite). 

TOMORROWS MENU: 

  • Zesty Beef Pot Roast
  • Mashed Potatoes
  • Green Salad


1 comment:

Brian and Kayla said...

LOVE HUMMUS. Didn't eat it until I moved to Texas. HEB is this fabulous grocery store that tends on the healthy fresh side. My favorite is the four pepper hummus but I like spicy things...I've never made my own but I know it is SUPER good for you (minus all the crackers you use to dip it in, but would make an excellent spread in lieu of mayo). So fun so see your recipes Amy. Keep them coming.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails