ON THE MENU:
- Zesty Beef Pot Roast
- Mashed Potatoes
- Green Salad
ZESTY BEEF POT ROAST
From: Pampered Chef: It's Good For You
OUR RATING: LOVE IT
The flavor on this roast is different than I expected. It truly is zesty. It's not over the top, it is just right and SOOOO good! Honestly, my roast cut wasn't the best. A little tougher than I would like. I am going to for a better cut next time and cooking it long and slow. I corrected the recipe to include a long slow cook time. I do love a good crock pot meal!
By the way, have you noticed yet that we eat a lot of green salad? Well, this is one of the only things my Mallory will for sure eat. Meat does not appeal to her at all. She always has to choose a protein, like yogurt or milk to go with dinner, but salad is a good way to get veggies in my kids! They both love it...and honestly, I do love a good crisp salad WAY more than I like a cooked soggy veggie...just sayin!
- 1 Tbs. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp. Dried Oregano Leaves
- 1 Boneless Beef Eye of Round or Beef Top Round Roast (3-3.25 lbs)
- 2 Garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1 Medium Onion, sliced
- 1 3/4 c. Water
- 1 3/4 tsp. Better than Bouillon or Bouillon granules
- 1 c. Thick and Chunky Salsa
- 1/4 c. All-Purpose flour
- 1/2 c. Cold Water
- 2 Tbs. Snipped Fresh Parsley
- Combine Chili Powder, Cumin & Oregano; mix well.
- Press seasonings evenly over surface of beef roast.
- Heat skillet to High. Add a little oil and garlic.
- Add the roast to the pan. Brown on each side, turning often to avoid burning.
- Slice onion.
- Mix salsa, water and bouillon in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Place roast in a Crock Pot and turn heat to low. Pour salsa/broth mixture over the top and arrange onions over the roast. Cook for 6-7 hours or until meat thermometer registers the correct temperature for a fully cooked roast.
- Place roast on a plate and "tent" with tin foil. Let rest for 15-20 min. before cutting. This lets the juices settle down a bit and keeps the meat juicy.
- Place flour in bowl, add water and whisk until smooth.
- Pour remaining broth and onions from the Crock Pot back into a sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Slowly stir in flour/water mixture. Boil for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in parsley.
- Serve meat over mashed potatoes and pour gravy over the top.
- Let me know how much you love this! :)
- Tomatillo Salso