Thursday, April 8, 2010

THE OYSTER



A few weeks ago I had an opportunity to speak to a group of women in Utah about my sweet Dawson and our experience through his life and then passing. I love having the opportunity to share his story and message with others. It is one about love, realizing just WHO we are and living true to that, perserverance and faith. Part of my experience and message is the idea of finding
Gratitude in the Face of Adversity.


I believe that when you can be grateful for ALL of life's experiences, the good, the bad and the ugly,  beautiful things happen. It changes the very chemistry of who you are. Not because of anything YOU can do, but because of Divinity working in and through you. Helping you REMEMBER who you are and what you are here to accomplish!
My sweet friend, Heather, had planned quite an evening for all of us! The theme....OYSTERS!

Dinner was served, then after I spoke we all went to a booth at the back of the room where we picked a...get this....OYSTER out of a bowl. It was cracked open and a REAL PEARL retrieved. We shined up our little pearl and picked a chain and cage type locket to keep it in. This so we could remember what a beautiful night it was and the beautiful lesson we learn from these amazing little creatures.

I have had them on my mind lately and I just had to share this little poem Heather gave us, with you! Just a little morsel to get you thinking for today! :)

Image from: www.pearl-guide.com

The Oyster

There once was an oyster, whose story I’ll tell
Who found that some sand, had gotten into his shell
It was only a grain, but gave him great pain
For oysters have feelings, although they are plain.


Now, did he berate the harsh workings of fate
That had brought him to such a deplorable state?
“No”, he said to himself, “Since I cannot remove it
I’ll lie in my shell, and think how to improve it”.

The years rolled around, as the years always do
And he came to his ultimate destiny….stew.
Now the small grain of sand that had bothered him so
Was a beautiful pearl all richly aglow.

This tale has a moral, for isn’t it grand
What an oyster can do with the morsel of sand?
Think….what could we do, if we’d only begin
With some of the things that get under our skin.


1 comment:

Cami D. said...

I LOVE this - I have to teach on journaling in a few weeks for YW and i have some going through some tough stuff - i am totally going to order some oysters for my lesson. "TFS" ha ha!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails