Thursday, March 1, 2012

Recipe #18: BUTTERY BREADSTICKS


Remember how the other day you saw this delicious plate of Pepper Steak, green salad, and a yummy little bread stick? Well, you didn't think I would deny you the opportunity to know just how I made that little morsel, did you? Nope. I'm a bit nicer than that! 

BUTTERY BREADSTICKS 
From: World Wide Ward Cook Book 

Ok, now we are back to the fact that I DO NOT like bread. Weird I know. I mean, french bread, that crazy perfect bread at Zuppa's, all good, but they are the exception to my rule. My rule of bread is bad. No worries, my hubby and kids got to be the judges of this recipe and they give it a mighty thumbs up! They loved them, compared them to crazy bread, and devoured almost all of them! 

As for my judging of this recipe....they are super easy to make! SUPER EASY! I will totally make them again, often. 


INGREDIENTS: 
  • 1 T. yeast
  • 1 1/2 c. Warm Water
  • 2 T. sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 3 c. flour
  • 1/2 c. butter (I used a dairy free margarine)

DIRECTIONS: 
  • Preheat oven to 350.
  • Dissolve yeast in warm water and sugar. Let it stand until foamy. 
  • Place salt and flour in a mixer. Mix well. 
  • Add yeast mixture to the flour and mix well. 
  • Knead until smooth and elastic. Add a bit more flour, only if needed. 
  • Let dough rise for 10 min. 
  • Melt butter and pour into a baking sheet. 
  • Roll out dough into a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick. 
  • Cut into 1 x 4 inch strip using a pizza cutter. 
  • Roll each piece in butter covering all sides. (It will be totally soaked and seem like too much. It absorbs during cooking so much! Don't skimp)
  • Arrange in the baking sheet. Sprinkle with garlic salt or Parmesan cheese. 
  • Let rise 15-20 min. 
  • Bake for 15-18 min. 
  • Makes 12 bread sticks. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails