LUSH SLUSH PUNCH
From: Worldwide Ward Cookbook
I am telling you now, you want to make this! You want to make it for friends, family, neighbors, enemies....it mattereth not who it is for, you just MUST make it! None of us could get over how delicious this is! It is the most refreshing, most delicious punch EVER! It may or may not be because of the sugar....probably is, but a special exception to a no-sugar policy is well worth the smiles on your kids faces when you serve this up with dinner! Just go for a good family walk after to work it out of your system! And then brush your teeth, for the love of pete! Sugar = Cavities. OH, and I halved the recipe below and got the amount you see in the picture. Do what you will....
- 1 1/4 c. Sugar
- 6 c. Water
- 2 (3 oz) pkgs Strawberry Flavored Gelatin Mix
- 1 (46 oz) can Pineapple Juice
- 2/3 c. Lemon Juice
- 1 qt. Orange Juice
- 2 - 2 liter bottles of Ginger Ale
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, water, and strawberry gelatin.
- Boil for 3 minutes.
- Stir in pineapple juice, lemon juice, and orange juice.
- Divide mixture in half and freeze in two separate freezer bags. (I didn't have enough time to have it freeze completely. It was super cold and had a bit of a slush to it. Still perfect!)
- When ready to serve, place the frozen contents of one container in a punch bowl.
- Stir in 1 bottle of ginger ale until slushy. Makes 30 servings.