Wednesday, May 25, 2011

INTERRUPTIONS



I read two posts today by 71 Toes. I am so totally in love with them! This woman inspires me to no end. Not because she is super amazing AND the official "Mother of the Year", but because she is real! I love that she shares her life with all the good and the bad. But the secret to Shawni is that she can see the positive in everything. Sometimes she has to do a little searching, especially as she deals with the disabilities her little Lucy has, but she knows it is important to find the positive in life and she does it.

Today and tomorrow I will link to these posts of hers. I can't not share them with you! I mean, they are totally what YourLifeUncommon is all about!

First off, let me share a quote from this post that I LOVE! Then click on the link below to read the whole post. It is PERFECT!

INTERRUPTIONS

"When you are exasperated by interruptions, try to remember that their very frequency may indicate the value of your life. Only people who are full of help and strength are burdened by other persons' needs. The interruptions which we chafe at are the credentials of our indispensability. The greatest condemnation that anybody could incur - and it is a danger to guard against - is to be so independent, so unhelpful, that nobody ever interrupts us, and we are left comfortably alone."

-Anonymous
from The Anglican Digest


 
Click here to read more about how Shawni finds the "moments" in her interruptions.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails