LEMON BLUEBERRY PUDDING CAKE w/COCONUT MILK WHIPPED CREAM
From: Pampered Chef: "It's Good For You"
SO GOOD! I have to tell you that I am not a cake person, which means that I am also not a cobbler sort of person. However, I braved a try of this after the glowing reviews coming from my family. What a fabulous combo of flavors! You can use normal whipped cream if you want, but the slight coconut flavor combined with the lemon and blueberries....OH MY! A delicious dessert that tastes divine and isn't heavy at all! Totally a winner!
Cake & Filling
- 1 can (21 oz) Blueberry Pie Filling
- 1 pkg (18.25 oz) Lemon Cake Mix
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1 c. Water
- 1/3 c. Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon
- 1 c. Boiling Water
- 1 pkg (3 oz) Lemon Gelatin
- 2 T. powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray 9x13 baking pan.
- Spread filling over the bottom of pan.
- In a bowl combine cake mix, egg whites, water & oil. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour batter evenly over pie filling.
- For pudding zest lemon to measure 1 T. Juice lemon to measure 2 T. juice.
- Add gelatin to boiling water. Mix until completely dissolved.
- Add lemon zest and juice to gelatin. Mix.
- Pour gelatin mixture evenly over cake batter.
- Bake for 35-40 min. or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 min.
- Lightly dust with powdered sugar.
- Serve topped with Whipped cream
(For coconut whip cream, which makes this dessert totally dairy free, refrigerate canned coconut milk. Open can and scrape the thick cream off the top. Place in mixer. Add vanilla & powdered sugar to taste. Mix until stiff peaks form.)