ON THE MENU:
- White Chili
- Green Salad
From: Worldwide Ward Cookbook
OUR RATING: LIKE IT
Ok, I have to admit that I need to try this again! I would double the broth...and maybe even more. There is a limey green chili-ness about it. The flavor is great...it's just the lack of broth that left me wanting. I will have to say...I had some family over and everyone else totally loved it. Ryan said he wants it to make it back to our table again. So....it will! By the way, I doubled the broth and it's seasonings & made a couple other little changes for you below! Your welcome! :)
- 5 c. Water
- 2 tsp. Lemon Pepper
- 2 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 3 1/2 c. Cubed Chicken Breast (Season with an additional 1 tsp lemon pepper & 1 tsp cumin. Cook thoroughly) or replace with Tofu for a vegetarian version.
- 1 c. Onion, chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Butter (can use a dairy free version)
- 2 (19 oz) Cans of White Corn (can use frozen)
- 2 (4 oz) Cans Diced Green Chiles, undrained
- 2 (15 oz) Cans White Beans, undrained
- 5 Tbsp. Lime Juice
- Bring Water to Boil with Lemon Pepper and Ground Cumin.
- Add Chicken to water.
- In a frying pan, cook onion and garlic in butter until tender; add to soup.
- Stir in Corn & Green Chiles. Bring to a boil.
- Add Beans & Lime juice. Cook until heated through.
- Can serve with chips, sour cream, and cheese.
- Makes (8 Servings)
- Teriyaki Pork Stir Fry