Thursday, May 27, 2010

A FUN QUILT from Suzi

My super fun and cute Sister in Law sent me pictures of a quilt she made. I LOVE IT! There is nothing quite like the weight of a jean quilt! Plus, really, they are SO DARN FUN! I wanted to share hers with you, along with what she had to say about it! ENJOY!

Tam(my Mom) had a bunch of Tyrel's (my brother) old jeans and I had a few of my old jeans and this is what came of it. 


I started the project when I first found out I was pregnant and finished it a few days before I had Julia.  It took a lot of work and a lot of sewing, but I think it turned out pretty great.  I still need to wash it a few more times to get better fraying.

In this picture you see a pocket that I constructed out of a bunch of different pocket pieces.

This picture shows a close up of one of the patches I made.  I felt like the front side didn't have enough color so I made these to tie in with the back. Tyrel chose the colors because they are "old Utah Jazz colors"






And because I can't post without bragging on Ty & Suzi's little girl...my newest niece, here you go: 
I MEAN, SERIOUSLY!! Could she be any cuter?! I think not!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails